Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Design Path (1)

:D I revamped my blog a bit yesterday.
Quite colorful I guess, the idea struck me yesterday when I had some free time do the patching work to the layout and colorsss...

It had been some time now since last time uni's life as a so called "part-time" designer for clubs and activities. I guess that time I was still in Beta year (first year in degree, pre-u called alpha and so on..) and tada... Sing Yee asked me to join in the Chinese Language Society.

By that time I was still not involved in design work yet. I joined Sing Yee's group in STD(lol, not what you think, it is Special-Task-Division, not.. STD..zzz) together with my cousin and other friends. To me design still is a vague idea of drawing and stuff. Until then I started to get involved in a few other activities and getting a little friends as well a little bit of popularity in CLS.

The first time I was touching design work was the Chinese Cultural Week event where it was driven under Shi Liang and Hui Shin where design devision is Stanley I think. We started off with some banner design, deco and other texturing work for boards. Some said 知音难觅,伯乐难寻 (where it means it's hard to meet that talented one, and somehow it's hard to meet someone who really appreciate your talent too). Thanks to Sing Yee who brought me into the fun, and thanks to other who appreciated my work.

My first work is shown below:
This was the final touch up using Photoshop that time. It's for QuanWu's event for almost 1 year. Seriously the design idea also struck me suddenly during mid term break and I've shared a few designs using this sketch... (not much a choice.. lolz..)


Great time passed so quickly and by the time I turned back and see my design, I will surely say: "That was lousy".. But if people need me for design again, I think I'll need time or I could use the "inspiration" by lightning striking into my head. Haha.. inspiration doesn't come all the time.

Activities: QuanWu, CLS 10th Anniversary, CLS Freshie Camp, Movie Making Awards, Japanese Cultural Week.

Most people said that designers are weird people, I guess that is a true statement.. Designer really have a terrible temper and attitude, knowingly they wanted perfection towards their requirement and not messing up with their design and colors. :D It's a bit like big brother fighting with his young brother for a candy or something like that.. When designer said this is good there is of course a lot of disagreement popping up out.

:D And now, I'm a R&D Engineer in Panasonic.
World sure is interesting, isn't it?

2 comments:

Justb3cks2 said...

Really Nice t-shirt design!

SIMMY said...

u should call big fat fish and tell her...then she will be very happy. haha